Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 July 2011

Can I?

Run the Kent 50 this weekend?

I don't know. I ran 40 miles once, about 3 years ago I think. I was a lot less experienced then, so I am hoping that yes I can.

Why am I doing it? Well next year I am entered for the first ever Thames Path 100 miler. It has been an ambition of mine for some time to run a hundred miles as a one off.

But why? Just to see if I can really. I'm not doing it for charity, I wont be doing it in memory of anyone......in fact I was thinking about this earlier. My Nan would've hated the fact that I run and do tri, she would only imagine all the ways I could hurt myself doing it. My Dad, would've been entirely unimpressed unless I was actually going to win something and my Mum, well I have actually no idea what her thoughts would be. So, not in memory of anyone then.

It's just for me :) I suppose I hope that the people around me are a bit impressed with the things I do, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

How selfish do I sound? I don't mind, you can tell me.

Anyway, I'll let you know on Monday if I could or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment