Total Pageviews

Monday 12 September 2011

Just because you've got nothing to say......

Doesn't mean you can't do a blog ;-D After all I am mainly talking to myself you see.

I should have been reporting on a 5k and a 5 mile at the weekend. After a horrible nights sleep on Friday ( I was sober you see) I woke up Saturday and couldn't face parkrun. I could have run there, done it and run back but I wouldn't have been happy with the race and I see no point at all in setting myself up for dissapointment, you get enough of that in life from everyone else.

Ok fair enough I thought I will do a short run when I feel better later. So I did, it was ok nothing to write home about. Then early to bed so I could run to the Chase and run our club 5 miler then run home.

Another bad nights sleep but ok it wasn't an early start, but when 10 minutes before I was due to run there I was curled up on the sofa holding my stomach, Mr H 'had a word' with me and we decided the best plan was just to forget the running bit and get a lift there and find somewhere I could sit and marshall. Which I did, and it was fine. I enjoy marshalling partly because I think anyone who does races owes something back, but partly because I enjoy seeing people enjoying it..................often that means the people at the back because the front ones probably want to vomit, but whoever, I love it! Below is Dagenham in the sunshine from where I was sat marshalling.



I went home and later on felt ok for a bike ride so I did that. I would have a rant about it but I am sooooo over the two twats who tried to force me off my bike. I shall put it down to sharing the place I live with pondlife.

 Anyhow I was thinking whilst I was cycling (thats why I go through red lights, not cos I am one of those idiot cyclists who thinks they own the road, I normally just dont see them :-O) how much I enjoyed the tri last week and how much I want to do some more. I have decided that running is like going down the pub to meet your mates. Its nice and cosy, you can have a chat and you can pop in for one or two quite often. Now, triathlon on the other hand, is like when you go clubbing, it's exciting and loud and most of the time you (I) havent got a clue whats going on but you really like it :-D you cant do it so often as running, but you look forward to it.

(In my youth a night at a nightclub could often end in some sort of disaster or other entirely of my own making. I got lost many times.....see, like the bike course!)

Anyway, next week I am doing an aquathlon, 1.5k swim, 10k run, so a little in between the two...hmmmm wine bar maybe? though I always assume they are full of sleazebags :-D .......who like rubber.....oh!

I'll pop back when I've done it.

2 comments:

  1. Not just to yourself...

    I love the comparison between tri, runnning and going out - that's inspired!

    1.5 swim? Indoor? Do you go in lanes? Split times the lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.5k lake swim, I want to see if I can actually get my act together and do a decent swim before the end of the season :) I think we are chip timed.....I will let you know next week :)

    ReplyDelete