Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 October 2013

Don't know if I should.....

Tell you what I found,

Has it gone for good?

Or is it coming back around?

I don't know. 

Well I've had a funny week. I didn't blog last week because I was fed up. The last Elvis race didn't go to plan. I could rehash it here but there is no point. I just didn't have it. End result was 22.04. Running over 22 on a flat course is not what I expect of myself. 

So started the week really flat, and didn't really improve mood wise. It goes like that doesn't it. Work was ok though. I appear to have managed to improve an assay dramatically, to the point where it may actually be useful :-D and also come to understand better some other work I'm doing, sometimes it does feel like an endless learning curve :-/ then again when the careers master at school asked what I wanted from a career when I was 13 I said ' I want a job where I will always be learning' I was a horrible little swot then. I told him I wanted to be a medical doctor. His answer was something along the lines of 'yeah right, I know where you come from' tosser!

Ooh I'm on teachers now, when I was 15 (different school, different life) Miss Todd brought a broadsheet into the English lesson. She announced to us that we probably wouldn't know what it was because our parents would all read the gutter press because we didn't come from class.

Patronising bitch! I decided to add her lesson to the list of ones I would bunk. I was delighted one day when she stopped me in the corridor to tell me that she was sorry I hadn't been in her lesson because she had read out my essay on Romeo and Juliet because it was so good. I was sucking a gob stopper at the time. ' oh, ' she said. 'You must have been at the dentist, that looks sore' I nodded.


Ha ha ha! She was fucking furious when she found out I was just skipping her class and banned me from them. Unfortunately I had to properly beg to be let back in, but English was one of those things you needed :-D so I took the hit. I can beg when I have to. I actually loved English Lit. Finding out what the words you were reading really meant was like a gift. Wow, Shakepeare said that!!! And some of it was really rude! *giggle* I preferred Dickens, and will never ever forget the bit where Bill Sykes killed Nancy. It also made me read Graham Green, we did The Human Factor and every now and again I decide to read another. I'm never disappointed.

Anyway yeah where was I. Training was light this week after the weekends strop. That's ok. I've felt pretty CBA, this too shall pass :)

Was supposed to go to the Elvis party last night. Went for a curry with Mr H instead which was good for me. I lasted half an hour at last years party, it's not actually that I am the worlds most unsociable cow, um, well, actually it is! Sorry and all that. Running is my hobby, I like going out too, but I rarely mix things :-D

Today I went to a body balance class. Loved it. It was bloody hard but I'm going to try to go regularly because lots of the moves were things that Russ has shown me and it's easier to do it in a class than on your own.

Southend 10k tomorrow. Not sure why. Got a lift from Mr H so if it all goes tits up he can deal with the crying. Fingers crossed eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment