Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 March 2014

Didn't expect that.

Just lately I've been off. Off what, not sure but not me. I've been busy but that's not it. I have a worry, but not one I'm going to share, because it may be nothing. I hope so.

However. For all this I've been getting out and training. Not a lot of running. Well, not training running.

Done 3 swimming sessions. Loving it! I could get quicker. Tbh I'm not bothered I like the process. Bootcamp....same thing, I like doing it. Maybe I could get ripped! Ha!!!! Yeah, right.

But this week I had a 10k in the evening at Gravesend. Did it last month, got 2nd female with 45.38. Not a brilliant time but enough. Went this month feeling bleurgh. Bad stomach all week, decided if I could better my time that would be enough.

Good plan. Before I started I could see my competition. I knew also Cristina who I travelled with was on form. Start and hang on.

I woman I couldn't get near at start (finished under 40) 2 women overtook me early, then another at about 6k. I finished 5th, but only 2 seconds in front of Cristina. Still, I got the vet prize :) and BRR got the female team too so good going. And 45.22. Better.

Rested Friday. Spent Friday evening drinking wine because I wasn't feeling like I wanted to do anything at parkrun, except support Mr H who was RD. That decision seemed fine when I got there cos a crew of Havering Mayesbrook girls were there with their coach/dads. I saw them warming up and thought I could get 4th, with little effort.

Lazy.

So we started, 3 girls overtook me. Fine.

1k in I had passed one of them and was looking at the next.

I can't remember when I passed her but maybe just before halfway.

Then, I was gaining on the final one all the way and I felt good. Oh yeah 1 mile, 6.22, half way 10.20. I never caught her but thought I'd done well. At the end someone said to me what was that? I looked at my watch and it said 21.11. I was a bit upset.

I hadn't stopped it. It was 21.01. 

A whole 3 second PB. I will have that.

Then today it was xc. I got 13 which is standard I guess, but.we won the division, and the girls score was 26, so with that and my previous efforts I feel that me Vix and Max have done a good job for BRR this year. I remember when I was a member of dag 88 Rob saying to me we need women to run for us. Well I have. And see the result :)

And I don't think my efforts on the forum go un noticed. Baz told me he really laughed at my attendance question. My work there is done. (I love Baz)

Oh yeah, and I think mr h is going to join the running club. Gosh. I am not even sure what I think about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment