Total Pageviews

Monday 1 June 2015

The best laid plans....

which are properly laid out and executed will give you the best results.

Which will be why I didn't PB on Saturday at Kent. I can't complain, I'm the only one that can do it there is no one else to blame. I'm not even upset about it. I think achieving the GFA at London made me not that bothered. PBs are nice but not the be all and end all.

Couple of points. About 4 laps in I got the most amazing pain low down on my right side. I think I know what it was but bloody hell I nearly stopped at the first aid place. It slowed me obv, and made me scared to pick it up again, but did pass off in a couple of laps. I could have picked it back up.

When I got to halfway in 1.50 I knew I wouldn't PB and kind of stopped caring. I will be honest I was looking around for someone to run walk with, but Caroline C told me to bugger of and start running again :-D

Then at 16 I got a stitch, I never get stitch. Made it hurt to breathe and pray for the end. Which did come, it always does if you keep moving forward :) 4.05.43 I think. Another one done. Ground out I suppose. Was a nice day though and saw lots of friends.

Oh and yeah, the pain in my calfs at the end. WTF was that about. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself, was horrible. Body certainly didn't like that one.

Anyway, Sunday I rode down to Barking and got on the district line to Sloane Sq, then cycled (wooohooooo) to Hyde Park. Was great hardly any traffic. Met up with Steve and Suze to be in their team for the Olympic tri. I was bike. Sadly I hadn't taken enough clothes and was freezing in the wind and rain but eventually Steve was off on the swim and I knew it wouldn't be too long. After 40 or so minutes I was off. I LOVE this course, it's so much fun with bits where you can push it, then corners where you have to practically stop. 5 laps round where I averaged 17.3 mph in pouring rain and came in 6 minutes quicker than last year, albeit without doing the swim first :) Suze who has been injured did a great job on the run and we finished around 3.05.

The journey back  seemed to take forever. I walked the bike to Sloane Sq. (me finding it is fucking awesome if you know anything of my navigational skills) was too scared to ride, so much traffic with millions of taxis just haring  about across red lights and pulling up unexpectedly to pick up rich people shopping in fancy shops with no price tags. Decided against a browse :-D

Got on tube no probs and it was quite quiet which was good. Only problem was I was desperate for a wee. Had to concentrate really hard for 45 minutes on other things, then do the ride home really carefully so I didn't jog everything about too much!

Made it though and then proceed to hoover all the food in the house up. Wanted food at the event but had only taken a tenner and after buying a tea and a coffee couldn't afford anything :-D

All in all a good weekend. I am of course deadly tired now but I will catch up during the week, and prob do a bit of swimming to give my legs a little rest before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment