Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 July 2017

It's been a while....

But I have a target so time to blog again.

I'm going to do Chelmsford marathon in October. My target? I want to run it well. That's woolly enough isn't it 😀

I've been mucking around for ages not really achieving anything with running, which isn't bad, I mean it's not my career or anything but still, it's important to me to do stuff well.

I think that work is going well, at least I couldn't be happier doing anything else right now (apart from rescuing all the animals, ALL of them) and I have been concentrating on that recently as it's been full on. This week was tha AAIC conference. I got the amazing opportunity to speak AND co-chair a session. I was a bag of stress in the week leading up to it, but once the session started I felt really calm. It occurred to me later it felt similar to getting in the lake at IMUK in 2009 having been in floods of tears cos I was so scared of what I was about to do, but once I was in I felt really calm, because there was nothing I could do except what I had trained for. And I did. Mind you when I finned the IM I didn't drink ALL the wine like I did at the welcome reception on Monday night 😂

Anyway I got really good feedback and had lots of good meetings, in contrast to my first visit to the conference in 2014 when I knew nobody and wandered around feeling like a complete fraud.

Did a bit of outreach stuff as well today meeting with an undergraduate student doing work experience who is possibly interested in what I do, though to be honest it is quite hard to describe what I do, as it's a team thing. So I invited her back to the lab in a few weeks when we have some other students in to do some wet work, should be fun! Or will scare them all away, one of those 😀

I'm working at home tomorrow to catch up with admin and go through all the projects I have promised things to, then off to Nottingham to do the 3.8k swim on Sunday for a relay team in the Outlaw. I was entered for the whole thing but reassessed earlier in the year because of work. I know I can do it on minimal training but I don't want to and I think that's fair enough. I will do another IM and I fancy Bolton but know that won't be next year. My dream would be wales. But sharks.

Anyway, shall report back on the weekend, which MUST include an 18k run which isn't even that long is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment