Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 February 2018

We all know you're soft cos we've all seen you dancin

We all know you're hard cos we've all seen you drinkin from noon until noon again.....

reliving the nineties this week and that lyric stuck, dunno why!

So this week, yeah been ok. Did my bike stuff which is actually preferable to running right now cos it's indoors! Missed my interval run, not even sure why now though it was a bit hectic at work so when I take stuff in to do a run at work there are a million reasons why it doesn't get done and then I am too tired. Roll on lighter evenings when my brain is tricked and each day has at least 4 more hours in it.

Was supposed to do the National XC champs yesterday, but woke not feeling great, bad headache that just got worse until I was feeling really sick and had to put my head under a pillow. As a teen I had proper problems with migraine but as an adult it is much improved, still doesn't make it any better when you get one! Went to bed early and almost got up to tell Mr H that I was really worried my head would break but then I pulled myself together. I'm a grown woman and he has no medical training so THAT would've been a pointless exercise :-D Anyway, I did wake up much to my surprise so I had no reason not to go to my second planned xc of the weekend at South Weald, the last fixture in the competition my club Barking Road Runners takes part in. Was still feeling quite sick but its only 7k and I would be first or second scorer for the ladies so I couldn't not go.

Anyway Mr H drove me and my friend Vicky there which was fine and then WE WAITED FOR AN HOUR IN THE FREEZING COLD. Really enjoyed that bit, obvs! but the course is actually really nice, actually Brentwood park run with 2k added. Wore spikes which were fine apart from the stupid laces coming undone twice. Yes of course I bloody double knotted them! Anyway I finished in a better position than any of the other races this season, which pleased me, we won the division which pleased me and I won the ladies club xc title for this year. Oh yes, that pleased me too :-)

Have spent the rest of the day trying to fight the headache away as it is still lurking. I may have won though now I think (fingers crossed)

Anyway, work was alright last week, got some stuff sorted as the boss was over. Always good to do face to face, no misunderstandings then, the next week should be good too. Got a day off on Tuesday to see friends, one of whom is just about to have heart surgery, it will be good to see him before he goes under the knife. Then a stats course on Wednesday, which I am DETERMINED to find useful :-D


That's the team there in case you wanted to see it. Always nice to break up the boring text I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment