Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 August 2011

It's not easy being me you know.......

Why does everything shiny and new look sooooo attractive to me? Why is my attention span so short.....why dont I have any patience?

Why on earth have I got the idea that Newton trainers are such a damn good idea fixed into my head? I dont think they look good.......no really I dont. (you do understand I would NEVER be so shallow as to buy trainers for their colour*)

 But what they do, or at least what they claim to do, is resonating with me. Ever since 10 in 10 I have been conciously trying to run mid/forefoot. To stop that impact through my knee. Would the Newtons aid me in this? Thats the big question isn't it. £120 worth of question. I need to think on it a bit longer.

In other training news, I am being quite good at going out on my bike and enjoying it too, well, I was until a spoke broke on Sunday as I was stood up on the pedals going up a hill. Was a bit concerning until I realised what had happened. Still I was easily rescued and the bike is now in the shop getting fixed and having a service as I do like to get it done once a year by someone who isn't as incompetent as me!

One good thing though is that I flipped the wheel on the fixie to make it a single so Mr H can ride if it he wants to (he doesn't want to) and I can do some hill stuff on it. I need to lower the seat though, an hour on it Sunday left me um, well in pain cos I was having difficulty slowing at lights and actually getting off it!

Not only that, I am getting in a fair bit of swimming as well (I was, this week I have failed a bit!) so I do know I will be ready for BRAT tri in September, with only transitions being wonky because of a lack of tri experience this year.

Nearer than that though is NDW 50 next Saturday. I would tell you what prep I am doing for it but I'm not doing any. I am going to assume that my body will cope with it cos I asked it to. The only thing I'll ever ask of you, you've got to promise not to stop when I say when........

*this is a blatant lie. Look at those blue shoes and tell me I didn't buy them because they go with the green nike shorts in a way that the pink ones dont.

3 comments:

  1. Hey AJH
    Nice blog
    Being a TiT not enough eh. I know what you are trying to say about Newtons I have been looking at them over the last week or so but cant justify the cost.
    Anyhoo nice Foo Fighter lyrics at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I changed the settings and now commenting is much easier!
    Tommy, ta for comments I am impressed with getting the Foo ref :)))
    I will end up with a pair of Newtons, it's just how long I can hold off for.

    ReplyDelete