Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 December 2011

Last Christmas.........

I went for a run, and the very next day, I did it again, this year because I'm a bore, I'm going to do it some more :-))))

This time last year I was looking towards what I guess has been my biggest challenge to date, the 10 in 10. That really was all the motivation I needed to get out there. I'll be honest, and this may sound arrogant but I never doubted barring bad injury that I would do it. The thing that worried me was the fundraising, and I never knew I would make the total until I did it thanks to the generosity of friends mainly.

This year I am facing a different challenge, this is just me, no one is relying on me doing it, I won't fail to make a monetary target because I don't have one. I'll admit it is harder to get motivated, and so I've entered Jantastic, I figure this will help me through what is generally a pretty drab month, because generally the way I work, if I've said I will do something I bloody well will. Even unfortunately, if it is to my detriment. Ask Mr H he can tell you aaalll about that :-D

If she were here you could ask my nan. She would tell you I would cut off my own nose to spite my face. She was right.

Anyway, looking back I have had a good running year. I counted up today 21 marathons, 4 of which were ultras. No PBs but then that wasn't what this year was about.

My last marathon was yesterday. 17 and a bit laps round Furzton Lake Mk. I felt for the first time in a while that I could run a decent time if I put my mind to it, that made me happy. I was also pleased to do another of Foxys events as they are really quite nice. Not too many people and a real sort of running family feel. These are the sort of events I want to keep doing with the odd flashy one thrown in just because. I guess I will get to 100 at some point ;)

It is also nice to see other 10 in 10 ers, yesterday I saw and ran with Noel, Liz was there, and obviously Foxy........also a guy who spoke to me at the start is a 2012 contender I think....I'll have to look on his Facebook. It does feel like a special (!) club and yeah ok I am proud to be a part of it.

I'm not doing Windermere next year though, it will be a while before I want to go back.

Anyway, motivation, just do what works for you. Don't listen to any voices but the one in your own head......it's more right than you know.....because it knows YOU! And it knows what YOU can do. Take advice by all means but then ignore it if you think it's bollocks. Works for me.

Here is my medal from yesterday cos it's proper festive and this is a Christmas eve eve eve blog :)

Actually you have to imagine it cos I don't know how to get it on here on the iPad!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment