Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 January 2012

Groundhog Day...........

Well here we are NYD 2012. Olympic year. I remember when they got the Olympics, do you? July 2005. Just before the bombs. Sticks in your mind.

Many blogs are reviewing the year just gone now. Well I don't want to be too different do I. So....

Started the year running the winter Enigma round Caldecotte Lake. I ran it with one of the nicest guys I know :) though good God he moaned. Being serious, I first met Matt in Sept 2010, and since then he has achieved bloody loads. He has a sub 4 marathon and he made Outlaw look easy. It was a real privelige to watch him do it. I really hope he can do it this year. I want us all there.

Then up to Brathay for training weekend. Good to meet the folks I would be running with. Did have a laugh. Hated doing the video.

Then it was Gloucester. I don't feel good about this one. Aiming for sub 4 tied up with PS halfway and felt I had let a friend down.

Feb was Moonlight challenge. I love this race. I got lost, I scared myself shitless in the dark. I laughed at myself. I met Eszter.

March appears to be pretty much just training, ran 15 mile xc with Legless and Jen which was fun. Did 2 times 20 back to back. Just running.

April was London and Good Friday Enigma. Felt like London went great. GF was good but bloody hot. Ran it with Noel which was nice. All of these things are training for next month.

May - I've been working towards this ever since throwing my bike at the volunteer in Nottingham :-D First it was Stratford ......I don't think I have ever had so much fun doing a marathon, and I think the first of 11 marathons I watched Mark blag.

Then the big one the ten in ten. Tbh it now all blurs into one. I did it, I finished them all, I found out how much easier it is with friends. I found out that far from being a twat twat, Mark is one of the nicest people I will ever ever meet :) I still hate him for being able to just run like he can. I admire him greatly too. I saw fellow runners at Brathay put themselves through a lot to complete the challenge. I admire them too. I feel I know I can do more. Maybe that's what I learnt. (just try to comment MR R)

June, well I was going to say I rested, but I appear to have been biking and swimming.

July decided to try a 50 miler. It was fun. I love Mikes events.
Supported at Outlaw. Saw Matt do a blinding time, was ace.

August, decided to try another 50, yknow just in case I dreamt the one before. NDW 50. Well if the one before was a dream, this was a nightmare, was proud of myself for finishing

Sept - BRAT oly tri. We all got it wrong! That's all I'm saying. Was fun though.
Also sept was the JW Ultra. This year a double. Had a brilliant chilled first day with Gavin, Mark, Matt and Gus, and Sharon supporting.
Second day I went for it and was really pleased with my performance. Was very touched to recieve the lovely mug, even better to spend the weekend with such good friends.

Oct - supported at 100 miler to see how it goes. Ended up running 30 miles - 10 in the morning before the racers set off and then miles 70 to 90 with Eszter the girl I met at the moonlight. She finished her hundred the only female finisher. Was delighted to have been able to help her.

Nov - Poppy day enigma. Ran with Mark and Gus. I didn't run well too much piriformis pain, have to thank the boys for slowing up for me. Still a nice run though.

December - Xmas enigma day one. Got a spare place for this decided to have a go. Ran with Noel and was quite happy with my performance :) finished the year with a 10 mile xc race put on by ilford ac. I was PANTS!!! But at least it got me out the house and running. That's all that matter really :) and I am enjoying running with my club again.

What sticks out at me when I read this back, is that it isn't the running that made the year it's the people I meet and have met. Some of the people I haven't even met yet......twitter is a rich source of like minded people, well I can understand the scientists, runners and triathletes following me, I'm not too sure about the babes who want to meet me :-O

I need to keep doing this stuff cos I meet the BEST people.

Tomorrow? I am doing the Winter Enigma Marathon round Caldecotte lake :- D

1 comment: