Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 June 2012

I love it......

When a plan comes together :-D

Or I will, that is what I keep telling myself.

The urge to enter events has been strong this week (I'm going Yoda help!h and I have been having to reign myself in.

Well sort of. I have entered a mile open water swim for next Saturday and a 3k one the day before Outlaw. I am toying with entering BRAT tri in September so I need to do some OW and tbh I could go to tri sport training sessions, but I never panic in those it's races I struggle with so I'm going to do races and just chuck myself in at the deep end so to speak.

I also have 2 running races this week. A 5 miler on tues night and another on Sunday. All Elvis stuff. I will need to incorporate Sundays race into a sixteen miler of which 10 miles are supposed to be at mp. The way my speed is at present my 5 mile pace is only just quicker than mp so I just go all out for that and then see if I can sustain any speed for another 5. Will be an interesting experiment.

I will say I think strength work is helping. Though I have been more tired this week because of an increase in the amount of it. Piriformis pain kicks in later and I'm finding my form better I think when I try to run faster.

Fuckinghell they will say as a fly past at 9 minute miles, she's not fast but she looks ace :-D on that note I know I'm 7lbs heavier than when I ran most of my PBS so that is definitely something to look at. Running volume is going up, that will help but I need to stop eating so much junk. (for that read stop drinking beer!!!!! Actually don't stop completely, there are certain social situations I couldn't do without a bit of alcohol, but you know what I mean)

And because I am doing the swim before outlaw I will now be supporting for as much of Sunday as I can. Plan is see swimmers into the water. Breakfast. Shout at every person who gets out of water :-) then go off onto the bike course to hurl some more abuse. I am not formally saying we will do marshalling stuff, we did that last year, but I am sure we will spend some time at feed station. Mr H loves that part of it. I like it too but the serious boys try to rip your arm off!

I didn't really have anything to say but I seem to have gone on so I'll shut up now. Next week I will have 3 events to report on!!!!!

Just need to end by saying that I hope Mr J Perox had a stormer doing whatever it was he was doing today :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment