Total Pageviews

Monday 23 July 2012

So you been broken and you been hurt......

Show me somebody who ain't,
Well I know I ain't nobodys bargain but,
Hell, a little touch up, and a little paint..........

May be a major overhaul and loads and loads of paint??? ;-D

Sorry I'm still on my Bruce kick. My husband says I should be listening to Band of Skulls, and I have tried, but really unusually for a recommendation from him I'm just not getting it. They are on at V, maybe while they are on I will go and throw myself round the dance tent for a bit, get my fix :)

(I don't actually mean go and buy drugs you understand)

(I dunno it might be an idea)

Training wise, I do feel broken at the moment. I'm a bit dissapointed in myself not to have dealt with things earlier, maybe I wouldn't be at this point. I also feel like I am being lazy and making excuses, and I don't like that. The actual reason I went to the doctor though, was because I need to not feel like I am in a fog at work, I keep getting home and remembering that I have forgotten to do something, or put something away. I don't need to be like this, I'm trying to write a job application, for hobbies I do not want to put SLACKER.

However, I have taken action and hopefully will get my energy levels sorted. (had no idea how much ferritin levels could affect performance, I have educated myself, incidentally ferritin is upregulated when Haem Oxygenase is induced. I did my PhD on haem oxygenase. My professor always made me write it haem, not heme like the Americans, he was proper old skool.)

I only ran once last week (do not count 30 min jog) and that was the Ilford Hilly 5. A two lap race that is usually bit of trail bit of tarmac. Troops being quartered in Hainault Park meant it had to be all off road, and actually I preferred it for this although it was a bit of a mudfest (dear pink shoes of speed, I am so so sorry) anyway I got 42 something which I was dead chuffed with. A long upwards drag twice is never going to leave me with the quickest 5 miler but I dont think it was too bad. It was very nice to see @JWUltra there for his first race in ages as he was working in Essex. Predictably he found someone to talk to who came from Bournville so he felt right at home :)))

Finding myself feeling like a squeezed out teabag for the rest of the week was pretty predictable really, but I did have a nice weekend. Ran 3 miles to do a quick test mile to report to my PT, went for a curry, went to the town show twice and watched the olympic torch go up Lodge avenue. Whilst at the Town show I spoke to someone from a bike co who do cycle training. One of they things they do is help people to commute on their bikes.

I now have a guy from there coming to my house next Monday morning at 8.30am to have a meeting about what training I need :) I am saying this in case I end up in bits in a freezer. You can tell the newspeople 'she only wanted to ride her bike into town....she didn't deserve this.....' :-D

Please make them use the photos from my first graduation, the second one I look rubbish.
Donations to the Parkinson's disease society.

See ya :)



No comments:

Post a Comment