Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2012

How high?

Oh I could kiss the sun, run a minute mile........

Blimey, the Olympics yesterday was amazing wasn't it. I didn't see the ladies tri as I was doing a race, so obviously I only know it ended disappointingly but I don't really know what happened. Seems Helen just did not have that edge that full fitness would have given her. I will watch it at some point but not at the moment. Of all the triathletes I follow she is my favourite , she is just so unassuming and just gets on with it, no moaning no fuss that is something I admire in anybody. If you know me you might know that by now :-D

Then the afternoon and evening, well wow. Jessica Ennis just stamped all over it didn't she, and they way she won that 800 just made her seem like the champion she is. Then the long jumper Greg, no one saw that coming did they! And Mo. I will admit I didn't think he would do it. I thought the field too strong and am pretty used to seeing track 10k and 5k from Brits that are a bit disappointing , but no, he was absolutely majestic :)

Proud to be a Brit? Yeah I am, I think we are putting on this games brilliantly, and London (other places are available) seems to be coping well.

Now let's talk about MEEEEEE!

Parkrun last Saturday, the inaugural Barking one. Saw everyone I have ever met there. Fact. Tweeters @flatfooted and @pammieruns, members of all the running clubs in the area and two members of my tri club I thought had emigrated I haven't seen them for so long :D

I'd gone because I wanted to run the first one and because it is 2 miles exactly from my house. Of course when we started I wanted to do well.

And until 500m from the end I was second lady when Inga got me. We've had a few tussles over the last few years but I was very encouraged by how strong I felt compared to lately and I did 24.15. Fastest 5k this year.

Then yesterday I did Orion forest 5 a 5 miler race 5 in the Elvis series. It was on the outskirts of Epping forest (I think it was, who knows but it sounds vaguely right) and was basically a mostly trail undulating course with it bit of mud but not too much. I wore my trail newtons and managed to keep one pristine, the other full of mud inside and out.

Maybe I hopped it?

Anyway, I am waiting for the results but I was first lady home for my club and boy it's been a long time since that happened. Jen very graciously said that she had a normal race for her but I think she was maybe a bit below par, but I do think that I'm getting it back.

YES!!!!!!!!

I celebrated later by doing a circuit session in my bedroom. Yep, me and a Swiss ball, and every now and again running out onto the landing to do some step ups on the stairs. This is what forces me to wear clothes whilst exercising , the neighbours already view me with a bit of suspicion.

Anyway, one picture is me loving my running :-) actually I do look quite happy. The other is a photo my friend Dave took yesterday morning as he took his seats in the Olympic stadium to watch a morning of athletics. Bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment