Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 September 2012

Throw those curtains wide.....

One day like this a year will see me right.....

Yeah a day like Friday :))))

Morning was at Olympic park to see some swimming. I was really looking forward to going to the aquatics centre and yep I thought it was impressive, but I found it a bit claustrophobic. I had been to the stadium on Monday, and loved it in there..... Just me I guess.

Anyhow, we watched some great swimming, some of it that I just couldn't imagine how they did it, some of it that made me think very hard about what I have and how I should be grateful for it.

Then we came home and I did a token run for reasons I'm not sure :-D then discovered I have an interview for a job that I thought had not short listed me. Which is good obv :)

Then the best bit of the day, off to the roundhouse in Camden to watch Elbow at the iTunes festival. I'll just say it was amazing, and assisted by my friend mr lager I was able to go right to the front. I bounced home.

Saturday was a gentle jog to parkrun, I told Mr H that I didn't have a hangover but that was quite untrue, so I was very glad I decided to volunteer and not race. Though looking at first lady's time I could've had her! Damn ;-) I clocked up a few miles after sweeping up and ran home. In the afternoon I went looking for smart tops for interview.... Came home with a pair of trousers that I am going to wear on my head :D

Today then I hooked up with 3 other dag 88s to do the Orion 15 self navigated xc. £3 for a set of instructions and tea and sandwiches when you are done. Slightly different course than the winter one which is a killer but still hard enough. However, with company and sunshine the miles ticked past really pleasantly and I would happily run a self navigation with this team again. (I suppose I should point out that I was not required to navigate, therefore the whole morning was strop free)

There were no cows either. This is important to note.

So really a lovely weekend doing things I like to do.

I'm now watching the Olympics closing ceremony, and tbh I'm a bit over it all now, so I'm not watching really. Although Russell Brand has just come on. He's a wanker isn't he.

Lots of people saying what shall we do now the Olympics are over? I suggest you do what you did before when I am presuming you had a life? No?

Just me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment