Total Pageviews

Monday 27 May 2013

And miles from where you are,

I lay down on the cold ground, I pray that something picks me up, and sets me down in your warm arms....

It would have been my nans birthday today. There was a time when I was a lot younger than I am now that I knew if everything went wrong I could run to the phone box over the road and do the reverse charges thing and she would tell me what to do. (She lived in london we lived in Devon) And I had to, more than once. I can only imagine how distressing it must have been to have an incoherent child ring you in the middle of the night, but she always told me what to do, or indeed did it for me, and just the sound of her voice was always enough to make me believe that we would be ok.

I was thinking about her today, as is only right. Just how lucky I was to have her and pleased that the sun was shining for her. Whitsun is always her holiday :)

Anyway, this week? 

Work, good yeah, spent some time on an assay that seems to be going well. Need to do a bit more on it this week. If you are a boxer or someone who repeatedly concusses themselves I would quite like some of your CSF. I'm sure I will get hold of something suitable :-D (I'll be in trouble now if Mr H turns up in a & e with head injuries won't I!) but I will make them get a sample.

Running....yeah good too. Did a 3k training session on Tuesday. Basically 400m intervals. It hurt. It's supposed to.

Wednesday, 1st ELVIS race. 5k over eastbrookend country park. A 3 lap trail run. I felt good, it went well. 21.47 and more importantly beating rivals.

Friday, bootcamp in freezing rain. Nice.

Saturday, parkrun. Felt quite flat and tired and J wasn't there. 21.50. Ok.

Sunday, hmp run. 2k wu, 10k 46.54 2k wd.

Today Hatfield Broad Oak 10k. What a lovely race! Felt like everyone in the village was there supporting, a real festival feel. And nearly 1300 runners.

I put myself on the 45 min line and basically went for it. It wasn't flat but no real hills, just up bits. It was hot though, but hey I like hot. I passed a couple of rivals early on and just kept working hard to keep them off. I have my watch on kilometres now so I was clocking them but not really understanding :-D I just knew if I kept the Ks below 4.30 I would PB.

I ended up with 4.26 avg and a nice PB of 44.31. Happy days!

Then a pub lunch with friends who I travelled with. Lovely bank holiday :)

Next ELVIS on Saturday :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment