Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 September 2013

You can't always get what you want....

You probably get what you deserve though :)

This week has been a bit, hmmmm. Don't feel like I got anywhere at work really. Things cancelled, things not working. Hey ho, that's what my jobs like. If we all did science too well it would all be done by now wouldn't it. We would all live forever cos there wouldn't be any disease or ageing and then we would have to work out how we could all be virtual because there wouldn't be any room for any of us.

Ha that wouldn't happen we would have all killed each other long before then.

Sportingly things have been tick ticking over. Enjoyable track session Tuesday. Yes, I was a track warrior, rah!!!! Another run at supposed 10k pace (wasn't, maybe I should have taken more notice of that) a session with Russ that was really useful......need to work on stride length now, and a couple of swims.

Yesterday was a target 10k. The women's running 10k in Finsbury Park. I targeted this as a race away from club mates where I would do my own thing. I thought it would be a good course for a PB. I am actually not sure why that would be but I did. I was quite wrong.

It was one of those large events with an organised warm up and all. Baggage storage was hassle free and though there were not many toilets there were enough. Was quite proud of myself for getting there as I'd not been before :)

Did a 2k warm up before the start taking in a part of one of the laps. Oh dear I thought. This is a bit more upwards than I had hoped. 

Never mind, get your race head on AJ, you know you have one.

After warm up they called for anyone who wanted sub 45. Out of hundreds about 10 of us stepped up. Cripes! We went to the front right on the startline and Nell McAndre posed for piccies with us all standing around her :-D fame! They then called sub 50 and sub 60 and having lined up very quickly we were off.

After about 200m I was in front. Fuck me!!!!! Just the bike ahead. It was ace! I think it was about 1500m when I was passed by about 4. I wasn't too worried as I know I start fast. I purposely didn't look at my watch as it was ticking off the Ks, I was working as hard as I could and that's what matters. Over the next 3 or 4k some more passed but not many. I was ok but felt that I was running the inclines really badly and was getting a bit frustrated with myself. Still, all you can do is work as hard as you can.

I was ok really until the 45 minute pacer passed me just after 8k because then I knew I wasn't on target. She tried to encourage me on and believe me I was working at maximum but she gradually pulled away and I was resigned to getting as close to 45 as I could.

So final result, 45.17 8th overall 2nd in age group. I ran 44.33 2 weeks ago so you can see why I wasn't that impressed but in the big scheme of things I ran a decent race. If I'd have been running for placing I'd have been more happy.

Onwards.

Today was Dunmow sprint tri. Bit of fun really and boy was it!

Was able to start earlier than my time as it was quite relaxed. 400m pool swim. Felt fine, just try to keep smooth you know this isn't your best bit. Then out for a 300m run to t1. Saw loads of people in their trainers but it was fine really in bare feet. 

Out on bike no dramas for a lovely ride round the country lanes of great dunmow and surrounding areas. Was a bit hilly and I made good use of my gears but I kept it strong. A fellow tri sporter had warned me about a hill that would take me by suprise so it didn't :-D and I finished in 50 minutes feeling strong. 

Quick t2 and out on the run carefully chucking a cup of water at Mr H on the way :-D I LOVED the run, it was rolling like the bike but nothing too hard. What was hard was my timing chip digging into my ankle and a stone in my trainer! I wasn't stopping though, no way. I bounced through the run and was well surprised to come to the end so quickly. I feel sure it was short and was assured after it was just a tiny bit so. Well ok then 21.05 was very surprising but you can only run what they give you.

Very happy with how that went and really looking forward to using this last couple of weeks as training for next Saturdays tri in Hyde Park.

Bring it on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment