Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 December 2013

But if you close your eyes.....

Does it almost feel like, nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like,
You've been here before....

Well yes it does doesn't it.

This year I'm going to be...
Thinner,
Faster,
Nicer,
Kinder,
A better wife,
A better sister,
A healthier eater,
Drink less,
Give more to charity,
Be better at my job,
Blah, blah, blah.

No I'm not! I'm going to be the same. 
I'm just being realistic :)

2013 was ok. PBd at most distances. I can't be sorry about my sporting achievements last year. I enjoyed the tris that I did and did some obstacle races too. Saw my husband do his first park run which was cool.

Work was in turns really good and a bit frustrating. I did intend to do some reading work this holiday but I will be honest I haven't felt up to it. Never mind.

Spent some great times with friends, as always....that's why they are your friends innit!

Next year I have already got a number of races booked. I won't bore you with what, I am sure some of them will be bloggable, having been blaggable, hopefully :)

I also will go to my sisters graduation, brilliant! I am sure Mr Buck didn't think 2 of this set would be graduates, though of course it is despite, rather than because of. I'm quite proud of that :-D I might even buy some new shoes that really hurt to wear on the day ........ What dyou reckon Sar? ;-D

Anyway parkrun today nearly didn't happen at all having intended to do 2. The cold this holiday has knocked me sideways (cos I'm an old bird apparently, thank you mate!) so I went to Valentines and once there realising I was so cold I couldn't take any warm layers off I decided to pace 30 minutes. Luckily Cristina decided to do it with me cos she had pace on her watch. I think we did a pretty good job (29.44) and spent the last k really encouraging people which was great fun, really rewarding. I think I would quite like to pace some more, I prefer it to tail running. Next I will do a sub 25, and when I'm confident on that go for a sub 23. It's a plan isn't it that would stop me going for it every time.

So, holiday over, back to work tomorrow. Good, I need some routine back I'm struggling to sleep at the right times :)

Oh, and 2014 will be a good year I know because 14 is a good number because it has a 4 in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment