Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 December 2013

Goodness!

Nearly a month since I blogged.

December is always busy and this one has been no exception.

The first weekend we travelled up to see the Courteeners at the Birmingham Academy. We stayed at the Radisson Blu because I got a deal and I love the building. It's big and shiny, why wouldn't I?

Anyway I don't think it was worth what I paid, but the view was great and now I've stayed there. Tick! The band and the venue were great. Not too far from the action but with enough space that I don't go all 'get me out of here!' Bonkers. Some woman decided that me and Mr H were great cos we were 'obviously having such a great time' erm.......wasn't sure what she was saying really......was she was suggesting it was nice to see at our age or something? Anyway, we did have a great time.

I had the next Monday off for birthday drinks with my lecturer friends. I think I had a good time. I'm sure someone else can tell me :-D so Tuesday, my actual birthday was very quiet :)

The next weekend was up to Derbyshire for a bootcamp fitness weekend. I'd seen an offer and Mr had paid for it for my birthday. I'd started with a sore throat on the weds so was a bit meh about it, but, once I got there there wasn't time to worry about that. I'm not really sure where I fitted in to the group in that most people were there to kick start a fitness regime and learn about nutrition. (Comments overheard include, 'you can eat as much sweet potato as you like cos there's no carbs in it' and 'but I thought you had to eat within 15 minutes of waking up or your metabolism won't work')

Yeah. I enjoyed all the classes we did, made myself happy by moving out of my shared room I the middle of the night and was quite happy when they cancelled the nutrition seminar :-D bonus came when I was able to get a lift off Mr H from Tamworth all the way home.

I limped through the next few days at work still struggling with sore throat really not training trying to fend it off before Xmas. I even took Friday off. Partly cos my Xmas work do had been on Thursday (red wine fest) and I was out seeing another band on Saturday night....which was ace but I was very tired.

Did park run Saturday in fancy dress, did ok 22.09 considering how I felt, got a bottle of fizz for my efforts. Flopped. Announced my intention to run on Sunday. Was strongly advised against it. Gave up. Flopped.

Monday was shopping for last minute pressies before heading up north on Xmas eve. We got off early and arrived by 11. Then off into Selby with Sarah and Ella to see Adam and Aaron. We went to a wether spoons for a good catchup and exchange of presents.

Then we headed off to a hotel for the night. This one was a third of the price of Birmingham but 3 times as nice! We sat down for a while and then went to meet the family at Frankie and Benny's for Xmas eve meal. Which was lovely. Bit of a to do with the bill but we got it sorted. Back to the hotel for a nightcap, and to feel myself filling up with snot. Nice!

Got up early Xmas day for brekkie before parkrun. We were first to the dining room! Then off to the racecourse. I will admit now that I was regretting my decision to run. I felt awful and the fact that there were no toilets made me cry.....I was advised I didn't have to run, but I did have to, the whole reason for this hotel was so I could! So I went for a warm up leavin Mr at what I thought was the start. No it wasn't it was the finish, which resulted in a mad dash across the grass to give home my warm stuff before racin to the start just in time.

Start was congested and slow, but just as well cos it was bit icy, but I started to gain places fairly early. However I felt I didn't want any ladies to pass me, and they didn't. I couldn't actually see any in front of me after a k either, and I wanted to ask Mr when I passed him at the finish at 2k but I was struggling to breathe and couldn't. Anyway there was one and she finished in 19 something. I finished in 22.03 42nd and second lady, 141 runners in all. I wasn't unhappy with that.

Then back to family for presents and dinner which was nice. I also got to see a 1d film. Lucky me! Mr H left about 3 to go to his mums for the night and I watched Tangled, about Rapunzel ...... I thought rumplestiltskin was in that but no I'm confusing my fairy tales, and then despicable me 2 with 3d specs on.

Go on, tell me I don't know how to live.

Then it was Dr Who, no, not a clue really. A 15 minute attention span doesn't work for that. Then drinking and chatting til midnight :)

I helpfully coughed my way through the night so everyone knew I was there :-/

Boxing Day was walk the dog with Ella day. Pug is a chi wa wa, which is exactly how it should be spelt and blimey for a little thing he can't half run! As soon as he feels you start to speed up, he looks back at you, grins, and then takes off. I was Knackered when I got back and my chest was sore so I went to bad for a while :) in the early evening mr got back and I was really pleased to see him. Early to bed though cos I was full of cold and grumpy. Mr had top bunk cos I needed my water and cough medicine next to me.dunno why though they didn't help I kept the poor sod awake for ages. Eventually I took the duvet downstairs so I could sit up a bit, but after an hour of listening to the storm wondering what was going to smash through the bay window I went back to bed.

Friday was coming home day. For everyone judging by the traffic. Less said about that journey the better.  

I have been either in bed or on the sofa since.

So much for 2 weeks of good training eh? 

It doesn't really matter, I've seen my family, that's what counts. I hope I can do NYD park run, but if I can't , I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment