Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 October 2012

I don't know what it is.....

That makes me feel alive, I don't know how to wake the things that sleep inside....

Technically that's a load of tosh. I like it though....

Running is one thing though.

Not that I'm doing much lately. A cold this week laid me a bit low. Yeah I know pathetic but the desire to exercise in anyway shape of form wasn't there. Anyone who knows me will know that I am pretty rubbish at doing things if I'm not feeling it. And tbh I might pretend sometimes but I don't feel guilty about not doing things I don't want to.

I rarely do things I don't want to. I've designed my life that way. I couldn't wait to grow up so I could do that.

Possibly that makes me the most selfish person ever. Maybe. I'm not passing them genes on though :-D

Anyway I went off subject a bit there. Running, not much but I did do parkrun again.

I'm addicted. I want more people to go to barking. Please.

I was quite disappointed to see hardly any women. Decided I'd have to race the men. Started right at the front, guy shot off like a bullet me and t shirt guy behind him. 500m t shirt guy overtook from guy and so did I. Then I caught up and overtook t shirt guy at about 700m.

He then stayed just behind me until the next lap. There's a point on the course a mile in where it is very close to the finish and the Marshall excitedly ran over to tell them a woman was leading. *beams*.

Anyway I knew what he was doing, he was a first timer so he let me lead him round the first lap and then took off when he knew exactly where he was going. That was ok. I could hear Kieron another guy behind me at the lap point and sure enough 300m later he overtook me. I kept with him as much as I could for the final Km and then pushed as hard as I could in the final straight.

Result - 9 seconds behind Kieron in 21.59. 3rd overall.

I broke 22 :)))) and Mr H got his first volunteer position thank you as photographer, and some nice photos he took too!

Email from coach says easy runs only this week, and I'm fine with that :) then Brentwood 10k next Sunday. Can I maintain for 6 miles?

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment