Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 November 2012

Between jobs.....

That's what I've been this week.

You may call it a holiday..... But I'm funny like that. We didn't have family holidays as kids, but that's ok I think such is true for many people. I think I was about 12 maybe 13 when we went away for a few days with relatives leaving dad behind. Things at home were fairly stressful, but I found that being away only increased this. I was terrified about what I would find when I got back. To cut a long story short we ended up going home early, and my worries were unfounded. But really not unreasonable if you knew what I did.

When I was older going away meant leaving my nan behind. I never actually made us get on a plane early but it was close at times :-D the thought that something would happen to her while I wasn't there was unbearable and my week would be full of nightmares. Quite ridiculous really but I wouldn't need a psychologist to explain the way I'm wired.

So as much as I look forward to a holiday and that there isn't anyone I'm really worried about right now, once I'm away I have to keep busy to stop me being anxious.

That looks proper nuts written down.

So I did have a nice holiday, but we did come home early..... And something had gone wrong.....I was right!

Washing machine broke :-D

A few phone calls established that it would be cheaper and quicker to get a new one, so shiny new machine is already installed doing its thing on piles of minging kit. Nice!

Ran and swam a couple of times whilst away. Parkrun was average 22.18. I also went the wrong way.Chelmsford 10k was disappointing if I'm honest. 46.40 something. I didn't bounce through it at all. My piriformis is just sore, I prob need to just train for a bit.

Still I will have the v35 trophy at club and its a few years since I have had that.

My best news is that I start my new job tomorrow. I really don't feel like me when I'm not working and this is an exciting opportunity. It's far too late for my nan, but maybe something I'm involved in will stop someone like me watching their grandparent deteriorate in such a depressing hopeless way.

I would say that I'd hope she would be impressed with the way my career has gone but she never forgave me for leaving the bank which was a PROPER job :-D love her :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! you're ace. I wish I could help solve people

    ReplyDelete