Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Rumour has it......

That I will be reacquainting myself with ultra running next year.

The man-suit needs an airing :-)

Anyway, it's been a couple of weeks hasn't it. Last week was parkrun Saturday 21.55, decent run and then billericay 10k on the Sunday.

I thought I could aim for around 45. Hmmm. Nice plan. Totally not going to happen in stair rod rain. The road was flooded across in about 6 places. This was slightly (only slightly) amusing the first time as I waded through calf deep water. Really fucking annoying by the end when my feet were really painful from cold and sliding around in my trainers. 47.07 and 14th lady out of about 190. That bit was pleasing and I will take away the fact that this time last year I would have been no where near that position.

Then a hectic week at work as I'm leaving soon and we have found something interesting, this on the face of it is great but frustrating that I am unlikely to be able to follow it up like I want. On the other hand a review I wrote has been finally accepted and is a nice way to end a contract.

This weekend was parkrun again, 22.16 in the rain. Ok, not astonishing, but I am trying to treat it as a decent speed work session and that it is. My 7th first place and i'd like someone to come and beat me now please :)

Today my aim was 14 miles with middle 12 at mp. I struggled to go out for it because.... Well I know it will be hard and running round home alone is now quite tedious. I got a bit pissed off at 6m when I went off the pace suddenly. A short meltdown later and a bit of sensibleness and I got back on track. I think I did 7 out of the 12 at or less than mp, the other 5 were between 8.30 and 8.45 except for last one which was 9 .....oops!

It will take some work I know. At least I did it I guess.

So this week will be busy being my last but that's ok I have the following week off..... After what could turn out to be a VERY interesting weekend.

I think that's it really. I saw a couple of blogs this week that made me think. I read a few forum threads that annoyed me. It strikes me that social media as useful as it is allows us (any of us I'm not excluding myself) to hold forth on topics we know nothing of. Maybe we want to know and I suppose that's commendable, but sometimes I think, just keep quiet eh, contemplate it quietly with yourself. Whilst what you are writing might seem reasonable to you someone who isn't you might be coming from a completely different place and actually be quite disturbed by it.

And not everyone wants to share everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment