Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 January 2013

I know a girl with the golden touch,

She's got enough she's got too much.......

I had a dream about school this week, I woke up thinking about an incident that happened just after I started senior school.

I was sitting in the canteen alone having lunch. I did have friends but they were outside because if you paid for your own lunch you could get takeaway, if you had free meals you couldn't. I wasn't best pleased by this, in fact I was in a pretty foul mood. I was sitting there thinking about how I could run away from home. It was right in the middle of the really horrible time with my stepmum and she was making it clear that I wouldn't be missed.

A girl who was in my year but in the other stream (half of the year did French, half did German) skipped up to me looking fit to burst.

She said ' are you Mandy brilliant Buck?'..............after I'd stopped choking I nodded. (My middle name is Jane but the rest was right)

'Wow, ' she said 'you're good at EVERYTHING and Mrs Manly told us we should try to be like you'

Blimey. It showed me that you could be different things in different places. At home I was a useless idiot with no common sense, at school well I could be whoever I wanted, and, people might even want to be me. That made me happy, and I enjoyed every single day I spent at that school, and made me realise that I had to accept the things I couldn't control, but throw myself wholeheartedly into the things I could, and it would all balance out.

And it did, and I still work on those principles though I do have to remind myself sometimes. I know I can be in control (mostly) of how well I run. I just need to throw myself into it properly. I can't be half hearted about it.

So this week, I did 2 bootcamps, I am loving these! And the core work I am sure will be invaluable. I did a 5 mile easy. I did 10 yesterday which on the plan said 1wu 8 hmp 1 cd. So I did 5 before parkrun, then parkrun (22.26) then made up the remainder.

Today I did 12 with 10 at mp and it went good :)

Next week has an 18 mile mp. I may need to do this on Saturday incorporatin parkrun and the chingford league 5 miler as I have xc on Sunday before I rush off to Cambridge for. 1pm registration at a conference.

I will be late, no getting round that, there is a pool at the hotel :))))

(I never did run away. Rest assured if I had, I would've gone in a big circle and ended up at home again, wondering why things looked so familiar)

No comments:

Post a Comment