Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I hope I think I know

What I'm doing.

Well, stranger things have happened.

Busy week this last one after only having parkrun last week. I ran twice before work and did a bootcamp weds night, all went ok. Well I say that, Thursdays run was hideous. Pissing rain howling wind and the dark...

...these are a few of my favourite things..... *sings* NOT!!!!!!

Anyway, work was cool, learning some new stuff and being the girl from nowhere. Ie cos I am based at 2 different places I could be anywhere. Or running between the two which is most likely what I am doing. This does mean I can piss off two sets of IT depts. he he he.

Saturday I
Knew I HAD to fit in 18 miles. Wasn't convinced I would do it.

Got up early and left the house by 7.30. This meant I could get 10 in before parkrun. This I duly did arriving only in a little distress cos I was cold and forgot my gloves and well I bloody needed the loo. Not convinced about any speed being possible and actually only really aiming for 8.20s I did parkrun in 22.54. Oh.

Then off home to shower warm up and drink some milkshake as at 2.30 I had to be at Victoria park for a 5 mile race. Me and C went on the train as its quite an easy journey for us. He didn't want me to go on my own as I wasn't sure if anyone else was and he was right there wasn't any other real dag 88 there. No worries though, I just need to jog round this for my 18.

Yeah right. I felt ace when I started and I can't do a race and not race. 1st mile ticked by, 7.08 ah fuck it ill just go with it then :) finished in 35.38. Now I know it was prob 4.88 from asking around but you know what? I don't care. On fresh legs I could murder that course. And I'd done 18 for the day.

Then Sunday morning it was xc ay Weald. Usual suspects I thought I ran well, but 2 places down on last time. I shan't complain.

But, like a twat I made a lighthearted comment on FB on Saturday which caused a whole lot of grief. Why the person at Dagenham has to make such cockish comments all the time is beyond me. The old boys club is no more, get bloody used to it. And as I say to everyone else, it's my hobby, I will not hang around to be spoken to like that by someone I have no respect for, either in running terms or just general life. It has made me really look at where I want to be and in my heart I know a change is long overdue for me. I nearly joined ilford a few years ago because of same person.

Anyway, enough of that shit. I'm currently in Cambridge at a Biomarker conference. It's been ace and I've made some contacts. Ha!!!!! We will touch base and doe some blue sky thinking in a bit.

Then tonight back home and try to fit in the runs I need to this week and taper for a half.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment