Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 April 2013

Insert title here...

Because I cannot think of one! I've been so busy this week I haven't really been listening to anything.

Anyway yeah, work is proper busy. But I'm getting there, oh yes. I found some transitions *punches air* I just need some CSF now to test it out on. And I'm trying to set up a web based thingy to keep all the projects we have going in order. Web based thingy is the ACTUAL name. *fact* I need to get everyone on board......oh god! That sounded twattish. Sorry.

And I met some of my 9th floor colleagues in the pub on Friday night who I don't know so far because of where I sit and it was fab! I even managed to get myself a speaking slot for a seminar to welcome a new group from Cambridge.

They may of course decide not to accept the jobs after I've spoken :-D I hear Oxford are quite good.

The evening didn't end so well though as my friend had her laptop nicked :((( bastards! Then when I left someone had moved everything so I got lost going to the station :-D

I set my alarm for 7.45 when I got in so that I could say to Mr H, ' you go and volunteer at Barking I'm not feeling well'

I woke up at 6.30 and hated myself for having a hangover and wanting to wimp out of parkrun. So I went and ran 21.58. I don't really know how that works but hey ho. If I had been feeling tip top I guess that could have been a PB day. But it's ok I'm not focused on that right now.

Today I went and ran Braintree 5. An Essex champs race. It was very busy as the champ races always are, but I felt like I had a really good run. Overtook a number of rivals early on, one came back at me but I just kept the pace up cos I had a feeling she would fade a bit and I was right :)

I was heartened to find that I kept Caroline and Sam (quick girls in my old club) in sight all the way and I know, I just know with focused training I could be up with them. That makes me really happy. Anyway my watch said 35.37, but we were chipped and I will have some seconds til I crossed the line. That is a 1 second PB if I take Victoria Park 5 as my previous best but since I'm told that was only 4.9 it's better than that isn't it!

Um, other news......oh yeah did a spin class at VA last week. I liked it. Not as much as they guy in front of me. I can only describe the sounds he was making as 'sex sounds' I am only grateful I couldn't see his face :-O I will go back, and of course make sure I am faaaar away from him.

I also read an ace blog by someone on Fetch, although the blog isn't on fetch about a room 101 for things you hate about running. One of them was those bloody motivational posters people put on FB of some fit Lycra clad lovelies running into the sunset or along a beach with some inspiring words. I'm with you there mate!!! Or of course the ones that suggest because you run you are better than everyone else. No you are fucking not. I have an awesome husband who never runs. So there!

Oops sorry, I am in a good mood really :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment