Total Pageviews

Monday 1 April 2013

You need to push yourself....

This is not the world...

Work I mean, works good yeah, but there's more to it isn't there. There is what you choose to do outside it that can make everything seem better :)

So last week was basically gym for exercises and swim cos my knee needed TO. That's fine, as long as I'm doing something that's fine. I continued to enjoy my new gym and got some good quality exercises in. Win!

Then 4 (count them!) 4 days off. Yes!!!! On Thursday night I had very pleasant drinks with a couple of friends before leaving london, then on Friday morning we set of to Milton Keynes to see Kaz Hurrell do her 100th marathon.

The was a time when I would have nothing to do with anything like that, but just lately I think I am able to see that just cos because I don't want to do something doesn't mean I can be pleased for someone who does (fuck me I am growing up!) and yes, I was pleased to see a friend achieve her goal. Weirdly it was a pleasant suprise to see lots of people that I associate with the time 'before' the time before me and running fell out badly.

I really was pleased to see them, and spent a bit of time explaining that no I wasn't multiple marathoning at the moment but yes, I was enjoying running shorter and with more focus.

Whilst there I ran 3 laps, around 10.5 miles and was pleased with my knee :))))))

Then we retired to the bar and I have a lovely catch up with folk and lots and lots of beer. Maybe a bit too much as the shower I took before I went to bed had me hanging on the wall :-D

The morning meant a trip to MK parkrun at Willen lake. (I will just admit here, I felt like crap, no idea why ;))

BLIMEY. A look at the results shows there were 300 finishers, not quite the same as my home run and I just had time to recognise an old RW friend in the crowd before we were off. I wasn't even anywhere near the start line cos you couldn't get there and I found the first km awful, running round people onto the squishy grass. I had to accept that I was running this for experience and not for time.

About 2.5k in there is a hill that you run up via switchbacks, which I actually found quite fun if hard work, but other than that it was a pretty simple 1 lapper round the lake. I was concerned that the 24 minute pacer was always in front of me but since I did 23.26 I know he was a bit fast. Sadly I don't think the scanner that scanned me was working because I am down as unknown on the results. I have emailed we will see.

We then went back and showered before heading into MK centre for breakfast. Well we tried, everytime we went up or down in a lift or through a door or into what looked like a mall we ended up in a car park. I stropped, we left :D emergency Burger King at the services saw disaster and divorce averted.

Anyway, the rest of Saturday was normal life stuff.

Sunday I laid in til I woke up. 5.30 am old money, ha! Then dossed about until I went to the gym for the usual swim and stuff. Had a really nice roast dinner made my Mr H, even the gravy didn't need straining :-D super stuff. I drank a good amount of PB juice in prep for today.

So today was a 10k in Chelmsford run by the essex athletic network. At the parkrun site but a slightly modified 2 laps. Found the start really easily met up with Debbie, who is v quick and her boyfriend. Sadly she wasn't running because of injury and saving herself for Braintree 5, but we all had a good chat whilst the fun run went off. It was cold but the wind was biting. I didn't want to get my layers off!

Soon enough though we line up and start. Not a big field so I put myself near the front and GO!

I'm First Lady as we zig zag through the park and wondering if now I'm too hot or cold or what. Never mind just keep going, you need a PB here. First mile 6.40. Oh yeah. Feel ok but in about another 3rd of a mile we run out of the park and straight into a wall. Or wind as it is also called. Fuck I'm working hard here for a second mile of 7.20 or something :/ ah well Buck up me!

Carry on back into the park for third mile to end up back at start for second lap. This is better 7.05. It was def the wind! And so we go round again. Miles are consistent apart from the wind one which is 7.29 :-O the next time. At 8k I hear something I'm dreading, second lady behind me and I know she is going past because when I go out I have that one pace, I really struggle to go up a gear. Anyway she goes, I stay as close as I can and at 0.5 mile to go get a bit stressed cos I can't work out where the finish is, seriously this can proper put a spanner in the works and is why you should always study the course beforehand. Anyway, I make it without meltdown because I know I'm second lady and I've done enough to PB in conditions that aren't my best.

So my watch 45.02 which is a 32 second PB. A small field but as they say you can only race who turns up. Delighted with that actually.

Then I went to Romford gym and steamed sauna d and jacuzzi d. Bliss :)))))

Good weekend yeah? Back to work is fine when you have fun in your time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment