Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 July 2013

A blog

As many people have said, 'it is what it is'

I always think, ' oh shut up' :-D

Didn't blog last weekend. Don't really know why. Too hot or something. Did the Felsted 10k, which was Essex champs. It was a nice course I guess but yeah very hot. I did 45.22 official and I will be honest I was hoping for better. Still got 8th in my age group and so should have got points in the Grand Prix but they didn't give me any. I have emailed but maybe I didn't tick the right box on the entry?

No one will die.

Then a busy week at work with this and that. Went swimming, went to track with Ilford, that was good and my inexperience showed very much, but I'm sure it will help with speed if I work at it. Did an 8 x 800m interval session on Thursday, now that hurt a bit but again, it's all going in the bank.

Also marshalled at club handicap Thursday night. Advised a little girl about 7 or 8 to be careful of the runners. She glared at me whilst waiting for her mum to catch up. Took her mums hand to walk off, looked behind her and very carefully and purposefully spat in my direction. Jeez, so much venom in someone so young. It's not right is it?

I know I don't have kids but surely I'm not that bad with them? I was one once. I am sometimes accused of still being one.

Friday did Bootcamp at lunchtime. Different instructor, was good, she took us through some quick circuits, no breaks and I liked that. And we stretched really well at the end. I hope she is back again.

Beer with my mate L after work, then met Mr H for curry. Now I've been eating curry as long as I've known Chris and generally go for the drier ones, I don't really do slop. But lately I've been having pathia cos I love the hot sweet and sour taste. But it is much more 'sloppy' than what I usually have and I don't really think that agrees with me at all as everytime lately I suffer badly the next morning. Maybe it's creamy/fatty sauce? I am someone who can be sick just thinking about the food I have eaten if it was particularly creamy or rich.

So I went to parkrun somewhat depleted, but was most surprised to do 21.19. I had to turn away from the camera at the end cos I was heaving, but hey ho! The rest of the day I was a fatigued mess and went to bed desperate for a good nights sleep.

So I woke up at 3 am with lower back pain driving me nuts. You know when you cannot stretch something out and make it comfortable. That. Took codeine in the end and went off agin around 5.30 am. Hd the most horrendous dream. My nan had been taken to hospital in France....no I don't know why either because she never left these shores. The doctors were saying that because I couldn't look after her full time they were going to stop feeding her so she would die. 

You can imagine that was quite stressful and when Mr H started clattering around at 8 I was quite thankful to wake up :-/.

Anyway, we went to the cafe for breakfast and then he set off up to his mums for the week. I sat down on the sofa and went to sleep! Really not feeling great. Supposed to do 24k today, just not going to happen so I did 5k and pottered. That's fine, lucky I could do that really. Watched the end of the tour, and then here I am. Hopefully get a better night and wake up ready to do some decent training next week. I'm feeling a bit out of shape. Need to get a grip :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment