Total Pageviews

Monday 1 July 2013

It doesn't take a whole day......

To recognise sunshine.....

But if you're English it might take a little longer :-D


Been a while hasn't it!  Guess I must have been busy. 

Work has been yeah, had neuroscience seminar day and a sort of focus group seminar day that is actually still going on. Still, it's useful to be able to bat ideas back and forth, and all our experience adds up to make for useful discussions.

Running, did an ok parkrun last week, 21.22. Happy with that. Then Sunday was the longest parkrun. 7 parkruns in a day starting at 90 minutes intervals. 

We went to Walthamstow, Wanstead Flats, Valentines Park, Barking, Beckton, Mile End and Hackney Marshes.

My aim was to use it for marathon training. I had an idea that mara pace would make my aim about 25.50 for each.

First one was 26 minutes, very easy chatting all the way. The next 5 were all sub 25 (24 something's) and the last one, 25. So all good really. I had a great day it was loads of fun. Very tiring though as it was a long old day.

This weekend I did parkrun on Saturday against my better judgement really. Or maybe staying out drinking the night before was against my better judgement eh? Anyway, 21.50. Can't argue too much.

Then yesterday was a club GP. Horndon on the Hill 10k. The name tells you what you need to know :-D

It didn't start til 11 and it was already hot. But I always say I like hot!!! So come on then!!!

Started well I thought having positioned myself well, and I guess there must have been 2 women in front of me. About a k in another passed me, and shortly after that we turned and doubled back on ourselves so we could see who was behind and how close they were. That gave me a kick up the arse I can tell you. But then you run up the bastard hill you have just run down. Ouch!!!! The first water station was very much needed! A little over 2 miles an old club mate overtook me, I was expecting that. Just keep on, keep focused. 

And I did, every time a family were hosing people from their garden I veered over glad of some respite from the heat! I took a cup from each water station as my mouth was so dry I felt sick, but not sick enough to stop! And I kept thinking of the people behind me who would want to beat me, and trying to catch CT up.

With 600m to go a friend shouted I was 5th lady, or 4th if I could sprint.....well I didn't have a sprint in me at that point so 5th it was. In 45.04.

Milled about a bit and then left as I needed to get back to go out to Hard Rock Calling.

So of course I won a prize. 1st v35. I haven't seen it yet :)

Then of to see Bruce. Totally awesome. No need to say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment