Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 July 2013

I had forgotten....

How much I love doing tri!!!

I will get to that in a minute though.

This week, was ok I guess. Didn't feel all that til Wednesday but that was par for the course. Did track Tuesday, and felt I did better than the week before. We did 400m 200r, 600m 200r x 4. Now the 400s I like, the 600s I find really hard, but yeah, makes you stronger.

Wednesday was a time trial swim for 400 in prep for today's tri. Now that would have been really good if I had pressed the right bloody button on my watch :-D anyway, at least I went.

Thursday was 12 x 400 intervals. On rep 6 I thought my legs would buckle but I pulled myself together and got them done :) I planned to go to bootcamp in Hyde Park that night, but I couldn't find them!! It wasn't that surprising, the park was heaving! No harm done though, I probably didn't need to go. Stomped home though.

Friday I did go to bootcamp at lunchtime. God I felt it too but that s good! Then Mr H got home from his mums so it was really nice to see him. We were going to get takeaway but it was soooo hot neither of us was that bothered. Beer did :-D

Saturday was parkruns first birthday. Nice to see it so busy :) was lovely to be presented with a trophy for being the female points winner and Vicky did a really nice speech. I was WELL embarrassed!

Then the run, well Jordan took off like a rocket and I just knew I couldn't stay with her. At halfway I think I was 10.23 which is fab but I was fading  and I knew I couldn't maintain. Ended up 21.31. Which incidentally was one of my PB times in the past. I can't be too upset with that.

Felt pretty crappy for the rest of the day really. Probably the humidity and heat. It was very oppressive. Went to bed at 8.30!!!! And slept till 4.30. Bingo!

I packed my kit and gave it to Mr H to take in the car then cycled down to the leisure centre. How cool is that, a tri 1.5 miles from my house.

Met up with a few Dagenham mates and faffed around til my start time at 7.30. 400m swim, 16 count your own lengths. Was fine if slow, the only worry being the getting out at the deep end at the end but luckily I appear to have at least a little upper body strength now so didn't look too much like a beached whale getting out. 

Quick run round to transition and the usual ' where the fuck is my bike!' Panic.then off for 3 laps of 7k each. Each lap had I think 4 sets of traffic lights and a road works bit with temp traffic lights and you had to stop at them........I think in all of that I went through 4 on green. But, it's the same for everyone. The roadworks were the worst if you got there as it changed it was about a minute and 20!

Anyway, I felt quite strong on the bike, played cat and mouse with a few people and passed a few, but you never knew which lap they were on. Tried not to draft but I challenge you not to when you all have to stop at lights!

Got back to the centre and know I did a good bike run transition, but that's the easy one innit! Ran out feeling strong and immediately overtook a few people.....and then basically didn't see anyone for 5k. Made it a bit hard really to keep the effort up so I just did as best as I could thinking that the time was still important.

We were chip timed so you could see pretty quickly where you were and it seemed that I was third lady, but of course that could change with later waves going.

It didn't!!!!! I was third lady and I got a nice trophy, pretty cool huh! My friend Jenny was fourth but got 1st senior so a really nice day :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment