Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2013

What weighs more, down on your plate....

A ton of love, or a ton of hate?

God I felt a ton of hate this week. Unless you've been on Mars this week you will know why. No one has the right to be a parent, at least that's what I think and I can't even begin to explain my reasons for feeling this way, even to myself, but, well just but.

Anyway. This week, did a couple of bootcamps with different instructors and enjoyed them both, one was tabata intervals which I really like, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off again and again and again etc....yeah good fun. The other the guy seemed to really like burpees, which is ok but why do I feel like a hippo when I do them? Maybe cos that is what I look like hmmm? Anyway, it all keeps me out of trouble.

I think I went swimming too, well I found a cossie going mouldy in my bag today, so SOMEONE did. Track on Tuesday which I am growing to love.......probably because I can't make the next 2 weeks :-D
But seriously, it is soooo good for me because when you are part of a group you can't slack off.

I meant to do another run Friday but it was Biomarker committee meeting day, which basically of all the meeting I go to is the most important. It's good too as here is where my role evolves, even though I come out of it with a stonking  to do list but hey, that's what they pay me for.

So my day rapidly got eaten up, and my plans to leave on time and get home and changed for sports massage at 7 also failed. Luckily I had shorts in my bag so was able to go straight there. An hour turned into an hour 15 cos it was all so tight :-/ same price though! Bonus! Then I met the Mr for curry which was actually very pleasant.

Saturday I decided to travel to my second nearest parkrun for a change. I had heard there was a 21 minute pacer. Cool, that'll do me.

Got bus there, very civilised and met up with lots of friends. VP was my original home parkrun until Barking started. Anyway saw the 21m pacer.......blimey, she was about 11 but with an Essex crop top and compression socks she looked proper professional. Ok I thought, I'm sticking with her!

One of the things about doing parkrun and the fact that our running clubs publicise all our running very well is that you get known, which will be why a few people came up to me and said things like ' oh right, fancy trying to get First Lady at a different venue then?' I don't know who any of them were. Fame I guess :-D

Lined up, Jenny did her spiel and then..... We were off......oh. No we weren't a car was just about to mow us all down :-D

Start again. This time we go, and the 21m pacer set off like a rocket. Seriously, 17 minute pace or something. I felt like I was on a Zimmer frame compared. Oh well, there's a few other people I can keep my eye on, just run manda, it's what you do.

And I did. I am third lady and feeling ok. I'm passing chaps. Good! I can see the pacer but in the distance. Until the second lap when I feel I am gaining. Yep, I definitely am. I know I'm not speeding up she is slowing. Ok that means you can catch her. And with about 800m to go I do. I don't think I'm going to go sub 21 but I also think I'm doing ok so I keep pushing to the finish funnel.

21.12. My second best 5k ever. Very pleased with that on what is a harder course than Barking. I would like to stay around and have a chat but I have to rush of for a hair appointment. Glamour central here you know.

Suitably shorn and blonded I pretty much faffed the rest of the day and watched a whole tv series, Mayday, which was actually very good. My attention span is pretty short so it did well.

Today was one of those rare Sundays when I didn't have an event. Well I was supposed to be doing Ride 100 but decided that cycling 4 miles a couple of times was perhaps not the best training and deferred. Everyone seems to have enjoyed it so I will have to have a think about taking my place next year. I did go to the gym but didn't enjoy it, really busy.....I suppose it would be on a Sunday. I struggled to find space to do my conditioning exercises, and even glaring at the man showing off his yoga moves using up loads of room didn't work. Should've pushed him over when he was balancing on one hand. I wanted to. Pool was worse. I did 4 lengths :-D

Decided to do some kitchen cleaning when I got back. Started by flinging a bottle of beer in the air which landed on my foot, causing the cap to come half off and spray, at pressure beer around the kitchen. Thought I would clean the fridge door shelves. Gently removed one, so gently I snapped it off. Gave up.

I did wipe up the beer and wash the floor. Mr will find out at some point that that shelf is only in place by willpower. That will be fun! Then I can blame him! Happy days :)

I will be on holiday when I do my next blog. If I have wifi. Currently all I know is that the cat is called Tikka and we have to water the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment