Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 August 2013

Catching up.

Been a couple of weeks I think.

Trying to remember what I've been up to......hmmmmm, oh yes.

Last weekend I went parkrun touring again. Off to Walthamstow. A 3 lap course 99% grass with a run up a field each time. Memorable because neither Andy who I went with or myself knew the course. (Ok ok I'd done it once before on longest parkrun day, but I refer you back to the 10 in 10 where each marathon on the same course was a complete revelation to me. Srsly.)

We joked to each other that it would be ok cos there would be people in front of us.

So of course for the first 2 corners we were in the lead. Ha! Was funny. But the world soon tilted back onto its axis and we were overtaken. I did 21.51 for second lady and was pleased with that as I found it hard going. My throat was really sore after because of all the pollen.

Went for brekkie after and then Andy dropped me at Newham Leisure centre for the EERR 24 hour track relay. BRR had lane 7 for the 24 hours and I was first off for a 2 hour slot. I will be honest when I started I wondered what had possessed me to say I'd do 2 hours. I was a bit bored after 4 laps! Still I got into a rythym, 5.30 kms. I wasn't aiming at anything really just a steady run. Was nice when after an hour some more of my team turned up, and Derv ran a good few laps with me :)

Finished and supported for a while before heading home, a decent days running really.

Sunday up early for Havering 90 aquathlon 400m swim, 5k run. I entered this as a bit of fun really. There ain't nobody quaking in their boots about my swimming I can assure you! Arrived to find a really friendly nice set up. Nu bed on arm and leg so no paper number...simples!

Got a few comments on my kit cos it was full pirate and a good ol mention from the commentator on my way out the swim which was a nice steady one :-D and then had a lovely run. I overtook 4 people which was all I could see so pretty much ran it on my own, but still pushed on fairly well on what was a challenging course containing steps and a stile. Hung around a bit at the end and was delighted to win 2nd vet lady prize.if only I could swim better eh.

Then we had to get into London to catch the bus to Oxford to stay at my friends place for a week, house sitting. I think we got there about 6.30. Had to go to a nearby beefeater for food as I had last eaten at breakfast which was a loooong time before!

Monday we walked into town centre and mooched for a bit before going to the cinema to see despicable me 2. Loved it! Checked out the leisure centre on way back for times and stuff.

Tuesday I went for an early swim and booked into circuits at lunchtime which I really enjoyed. We went food shopping in afternoon because we didn't want to eat out all the time.

Weds, early swim then off to Oxford again. Walked round the castle had an afternoon pint :-O then did Pilates in the evening. Went out for a Nepalese meal that night. Was a really nice place :)

Thursday early swim then off into Oxford to go to botanical gardens. Was really nice and I loved the medical plants bit. Sure we did other stuff but I can't remember. In the evening I was booked in for bootcamp. Shame that ONLY I turned up. Not even the instructor came! Went and beasted myself on exercise bike instead. Had left Mr H to do dinner. He was most upset at serving us raw lamb.... We are blaming the gas. We don't have that here :-D bit of blood won't kill you will it? *licks fangs*

Friday I decided no early swim but went to body conditioning class followed straight away by an abs class at lunchtime. Then met Mr H in the pool for a short swim :) then we went to buy my friend some pressies and food for her return. Couple of pints in the pub then home for food.

This morning was parkrun Oxford style. Mr H assured me he had set the alarm. And he had 20 FUCKING MINUTES BEFORE WE HAD TO LEAVE THE HoUSE!

He's been married to me for 22 years, how can he not know that I have to be up at least an hour and a half before I leave the house?? It *may* have been a grumpy ride to the park, but we made it. With only 50 minutes to spare, ha!!!!!!!!

Saw some seriously fit ladies whilst I was warming up so knew I wasn't on for a First Lady over the line. Just a decent time then.

Course was, run a loop round a field, then 2 big loops a lot of which was on grass with a hill. After first large loop decided I would be happy with sub 22 so wasn't unhappy with 21.50, 5th lady. Think First Lady was 18.30. A decent run on that course I think. I don't know why but I was expecting it to be all paved.

Anyway, bus back to house and then we cleaned and tidied before setting off back home. Which is where I am now with no races tomorrow, as after a *down* training week I am back on it from Monday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment