Total Pageviews

Friday 15 May 2015

The more that you want it.....

the more that you need it....

(Noel Gallaghers HFB are very much a current favourite)

It would seem the mojo is properly back :-)

Decided this weekend just gone to swap a long run with......a marathon. As you do, and why wouldn't you.

I have done Halstead before and it is a lovely race, in nice surroundings. And, you can enter on the day. (£10 more but hey I have wasted so much more than that on races I havent done) The last time I went there I DNF after haring off much too fast, running my second fastest half and then breaking down. So I actually had a demon to bury, or face, or stab to death or something.

Went down there with my friend Andy with a vague agreement to follow my plan to halfway. That plan was 5.25ks.

Got there signed up, SAW EVERYBODY I HAVE EVER SEEN AT A MARATHON BEFORE, probably as I was trying to do this off radar :-D

As soon as we started although we were running the right pace, well a bit quick actually, I knew I wouldn't keep it up and I was right, but then as soon as I started I knew that finishing this race happy was my aim. So we kept it up at an alright but not spectactular pace until halfway, chatting and just enjoying it. At 13 miles Andy puched on, he had saud he would and I was fine with it, I did speed up a bit after he legged it but soon settled down again! Not long after that Ian another friend pulled along side me and asked if I was going to tab it in at this pace. He hadnt been over 16 in training so this was a long training run for him too. We soon decided that after 20 we would do a few walks too and thats just what we did making sure we stopped for a drink etc at the marvellous support station of Jenny and Caroline. We did the #handinhand thing at the end cos I didn't at London. So a finish of 4.24 something.

I felt ok next day really just bone crushingly tired and not inclined to exercise. On Tuesday I wanted to do the first ELVIS race, but I had been running about up and down stairs and corridors all day and my knee was singing songs to me, and they weren't love ones! So ditched it. Wednesday Chris got up for work around 4 at which point Bolt came to wake me up and I never got back to sleep until I had a brainwave at 6.45 and locked them both out for an hour. Bliss. Now I am asking Mr H to let them out when he goes and they can wait to come back in when I am awake. 2 days later I already feel better for this plan. Losing sleep doesnt fit with me I am not a hero who can survive on 4 hours a night, I need the full 8! Still I managed a swiss ball workout when I got in on wednesday which was bloody hard because I havent got much gym type stuff done whilst these marathons have been happening.

Last night I was supposed to do club HC. Left on time to go central line, district line, but Holborn was shut.............well, I think it was I couldn't actually get anywhere near it and couldn't join the mass that was spilling out into the road for fear I would actually lose it and stab someone with my 4 colour biro.

I walked to St Pancras and got a met line thinking I would change at Liverpool st for a H&C line to Barking. I couldve waitied for one of those at St Pancras but the first train that pulled up was empty and really I 'm not not getting on that! Then at Liverpool st I just waited, and waited and waited and thought 'oh bugger this!' I wasn't going to get there in time so I just went home. Just as well as it turned out as Mr H was really late having had 'the most rubbish birthday ever' that was an actual quote. Obviously it got miles better when he saw me. Obviously. So no exercise again, but, tbh in the week after a mara I feel not too much need to go for it.

Today I have my kit, I could if I wished run some of the home journey, but I dont know if I will. I am completely frozen and have been all day, and my rhr was 71 this morning which for me is at least 15 above where it normally is. Maybe I am coming down with something.

I do hope not as it is Spartan race tomorrow at the Allianz stadium :-) I am only going for the t shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment