Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 May 2015

It's been a while!

Thought I would resurect this, is that spelt right? Anyway.....

It's good to have this here where I can look back and see how I am doing against how I was doing. See?

Been a busy past few weeks, preceeded by a few months of feeling a bit meh about the whole racing thing. I think I am over that now. I think it took some good experiences to do that.

Manchester marathon 5.30. Ran with Emma from club, relaxed, easy run for me and fun too because in a race like that I wouldn't normally see that end of the field (no no I am not that quick, just running fast enough to be focused) and the support was bonkers!

Also I got to go on a tram. And I got off at a stop called Oldham Mumps. Ha!

Then the following Sunday it was the BIG ONE!

No it bloody wasn't. It was the London marathon which is the same length as all other marathons, it's just a lot more lucrative for charities and sponsors. You almost had to do a marathon distance walk through Adidas branded clothing to get to the expo proper. I bought nothing on prinicpal. I didn't really have any money so that made it easier :-D.

I did no running between manchester and London ( apart from running through Liverpool St station after Manchester because I was soooo desperate to not miss that train home) so had fresh legs.

Well you would think that wouldn't you. I sat looking at them on the train on the way to the green start wondering if they would work for me. I had worn my adizero boost so I at least looked like I belonged in the GFA area. I wondered if they would screw me up without enough cushioning but sometimes you really do have to just try, and what did I have to lose?

Saw Russ just as I was about to go which was nice and I think I said this before, settled me on my strategy, the best result of which would be a good for age time. I knew what the k's had to be done in, and I also knew if it really really felt wrong I could slow down, have a smell the roses run. No one would die.

I think this relaxed attitude saw the first half of the run with k splits all well inside what I needed. I knew it would get tricky soon after as I just didn't have the endurance in me. Seeing Mr H at 14 really picked me up but I did get slower and slower. However not enough to not do what I wanted, and I remember thinking as I ran down the finishing bit.....wow, I feel all right really, that wasn't too hard. (3.48.43)

10 minutes later I was lying on the floor, head propped up on the fence behind me wondering how on earth I would get dressed with the cramp that consumed me eveytime I moved my legs. A lad walked past me and said 'left it all out there did you?' and I suppose I did, but not in a bad way, I think I ran a good race, I just lacked what those long runs in training would have given me, had I done any :-D

Anyway, that was a good day. Was a bit on autopilot for a few days though after. Then Bolt got bitten on Wednesday by an unknown assailant. I did hear his scream but he was too far away for me to see who did it, but he is loads better now, if a bit wary of going round the back on his own, which makes me think if the possibility of it being a fox because he's not worried about hanging out with the other cats at the front. Anyway long story short no exercise last week either!

Until Saturday morning. Then it was the QEOP 10K. Ideally I didn't want to be racing  10k a week after a marathon, but, I want to do the whole series so I had to. (You can just guess when the next one is)

Getting to this race is a breeze for me me so it's not at all stressful. It's also not so big so quite chilled out registration then off for a little jog to loosen legs. The laps are 3.33k each and for the first one I am 1st lady til 3k. Feeling ok. The next lady overtakes me at about 4k, it's ok I didn't expect to be doing so well. Then at 6k I started to feel awful, that feeling where you are really hungry but feel really sick and my legs turned to jelly. I considered stopping at the lap, but then thought....you are third, just KEEP GOING. Which I did.

Sadly at 9k I was overtaken, but I was just hanging in there, nothing I could do so ended up 4th lady. 46.41, but 1st V45 again. Also won some more Orbit tickets. I have 6 now, I suppose I better go at some point ;-D

Sunday I planned an easy short run cos my legs were trashed. Then I got an email advising me I should do 12 miles so I could do 20 next week. Bugger!

Sorted that by running to Valentines Park, meeting up with Andy to do a few laps and then doing a few with him and Vicky and Richard until the 12 mile mark was met. Then tea in the cafe and a welcome lift home.

Sunday I met Andy and we rode down to Ongar and did a lap of the tri course round Moreton and Fyfield. Really enjoyed it, it's been ages since I rode down there so will go again soon. Need the bike sorted cos it is squeaking a bit......................no idea, I am too useless to fiddle with it so I will take it to a professional, or at least someone who wont break it.

So looking at that lot, one mojo would appear to have been refound. I have been back on iron for a few weeks now and I know that helps. I found a company that make something called Proferrin sport, iron supplements that apparently dont give the stomach distress that some forms can.

Well I have tried 3 now, and 3 times I have ended up doubled up with stomach cramps. At work we accept an n of 3. BUT, what I really think I need is a blinded test. I think I need to get Mr H to put one in my food and disguise it, like we do with the cats. Because when I was researching the tabs although most of the reviews were really good there were 2 that said the tablets made them ill. Maybe I am expecting to be ill and so am???? I really wouldn't put it past me, I can be a proper twat!

No comments:

Post a Comment