Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 May 2015

When I am sad and weary.....

and all my hope is gone,
and I can't put my finger
on the time things first went wrong
I have a little secret, I like to tell myself,
and until now I havent told anybody else......

BUT I'M NOT TELLING YOU!
That song came on my ipod this morning and cheered me right up. God I was in a bad mood.

First Mr H left at 4.30am, the last time he left that early both cats snuggled up on the bed and went back to sleep. However they have been getting up about 5.30 ish lately as he has been leaving about six, so today Bolt repeatedly jumped on the bed next to me and meowed in my face and Thunder wandered around all the bedroom surfaces knocking anything she could off. Aaaarrrgggghhh.

At 5.15 I let them out. Then I had a small run in with a man I could barely understand at the polling place and then somebody went under a train causing all trains to be held wherever they were. Which is never somewhere you can get off.

Oh yes, and I knew I needed to speak to someone at work without losing it (I have, I didnt)

Bah!

Anyway, I took Tuesday as a rest day. I'm not sure why now! Yesterday was Tri Club duathlon one of 5 which are club champs. Only 3 count and if you can you should direct one.

Well 3 of us competed last night, me and 2 guys. The original plan was 1 lap of park (3.2k) 20 laps of track on bike (8k) the small lap of park (2.5k) but there was football going on in the middle of the track that should have finished at 7 but they insisted they were on til 7.30.......there are always scheduling problems here due to it it being run by the council who are are bunch of incompetent fuckwits (only 20 more days til the bin strike ends cos our already overflowing bins arent causing a hazard are they).

New plan, 1 big lap of park 1 small lap of park then the bike.

Set off feeling like I'd been hobbled because I hadnt warmed up :-D but soon got into my stride. Had to check back at one point cos I didnt really know the route as it went through off into wood for a little bit, but was ok and on the second smaller lap I was pretty happy even though it was throwing it down with rain. Got back to the stadium and had done 3 laps before next bloke got back, he did over take me once but I took him back and then the 2nd bloke who started 4 laps behind me overtook me twice so he was obviously stronger on the bike but I was strong enough to not lose all my lead, despite the wind on one side of the track, and finished first.

Happy me :-) I am directing next month, it's easy enough.

Today a swim as I am knackered, but that will do.

And yes I did vote. Labour FWIW.

No comments:

Post a Comment