Total Pageviews

Monday 13 February 2012

Quadzilla day 1.

Last Thursday I set off to Milton Keynes to take part in one of Foxys events, the quadzilla. 4 marathons in 4 days round Caldecotte Lake. A total of 4 small laps and 28 big laps.

I arrived at Mk station to be picked up by someone I didn't know in a blue car :-D he got stuck in traffic so it was a bit tense but he did arrive, and we made our way to the Lake where I had time to dump my stuff by the tent pin my number on and get set off at 10am.

I never remember that much about a run tbh, but what strikes me about this one is how stiff and tight my hamstrings feel. I attribute this to the cold, it means (same old same old) I cannot stretch my legs as I'd like but I do get into a rhythm and start to break down the laps into bite size chunks, and promise myself things at the checkpoint (sadly these things are only jelly babies and cola but hey ho).

The good thing about the laps is that although you often find yourself running alone, you often have company too, everyone says hi, even the fast guys steaming past you and likewise if someone is walking you know (or don't know even) its nice to stop and walk a few steps with them and see how they are doing.

One thing of note is that 3 laps from the end the bridge (?) of my left foot starts to really hurt like I have my laces too tight.

Anyway, I finish in 4.41, which I consider ok for 1 of 4.

I go to the pub and get some soup and then a lift back to my hotel from David (Fenland Runner). Turns out he has gone to the wrong hotel (!) but I haven't so I shower and wait for Liz who is staying with me.

Then I meet Jim and Liz in the bar for a large carvery :))))

Day 1 done.

No comments:

Post a Comment