Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2012

Sometimes you have to be this.....



So that you can change things and get back to this.........



That first picture is day 3 of the quadzilla this year and yep I am crying. And I'm not even finished.

The second one is shortly before I started the JW Ultra in 2010, and I dont think I stopped smiling all day.
(there are other photos of me looking cheery since then, I haven't been depressed for 18 months or anything, but I really like this photo ((thanks Ruth)) and it's an example of me really looking forward to a race)

So 1 week on from the Quad, and a bit of a toys out the pram moment, I need to say that I am very happy with the decisions I have made and I know this because I am looking forward to stuff and I haven't done that for a while.

Different stuff though. After idling through a thread on Fetch I downloaded part 1 of the 30 day shred workout thing with the fit american woman in it. I did it this morning and it was great, ie it hurt a bit but it was a good hurt. I shall give the whole 30 days a go, though I will admit that one knee is never really going to be brilliant at the squats, and my weights are tins of soup. Beetroot and butternut squash today in case you were wondering. I shall not be phoning it in :-D

Then at lunchtime I did my favorite spin class so far. The instructor was a bit like an evangelical preacher and I understood little of what he said but I had a good time and nearly lost my lungs. This has got to be good for you!!!!!  I felt the abs bit afterwards as well, cos my poor stomach muscles had already been assaulted at 7am.

THESE ABS DONT COME FOR FREE! (Thats what the woman on the dvd says, currently I would probably have to pay to have mine taken away).

Anyway, a stronger core and a work harder ethic can only do me good in the long run, on the long runs (DYSWIDT?)

So what about races. Well, this Saturday I am taking part in the National XC at Parliment Hill or fields or somewhere. 8k as hard as I can. That is all I can promise.

Then I am tail running at the following weeks Parkrun, which should be good fun. The week after that I am intending to go to the Triathlon show and do the Sunday 10k. It has been 2 years since I did a 10k, and that was my PB at Battersea Park I think. I am in no shape to get that time 46 something, however I want to see where I am in relation to it, to give me a target to aim towards.

That's as far as I have looked forward at present, and I am excited about all these things (can you tell?) and that makes me HAPPY!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great upbeat post Amanda! It's a different side to you?!
    Or at least not one seen for a while?

    Either way its good when you can conclude a future based on actions of the present.

    Tailrunning sounds good. I may offer that at Cannonhill in a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete