Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 April 2012

My head says.....

Enough is enough.

Please don't think this is a miserable blog, it's far from it.

This is a blog where I finally admit that things aren't right and I tell you what I'm going to do about it.

Now regular readers will realise I haven't been running well for a while. My legs have been tired for ages. That's ok though, you can get through that.

In feb I ran the Nat XC and loved it. Now obv I wasnt the fastest but I ran as hard as I was able on the day. All good so far. The thing that I don't think I have said to anybody is how sore my right knee was after.

It hurts going upstairs, it hurts going downstairs and if I accidentally heel strike whilst running it can stop me in my tracks. Running on my forefoot is essential. That's good running form isn't it? Well yes, but I suspect putting your heel on the floor isn't supposed to make you feel like your knee is going to explode.

Ok, so that's the knee. Bit boring really and as far as non runners are concerned its FINE. If anyone wants to tell me how running ruins your knees I will punch them.

It would be alright if that was all. But I think I have changed my running style to accommodate this and as a result have damaged my left achilles. It's starting to hurt all the time. And it's so bloody stiff.

Solution? A complete break from running. We will start with 2 weeks and see how that goes. I will swim, and cycle, and tbh the prospect of 2 weeks without worrying that I will not be able to complete a run will be a relief.

Gosh, I feel like an alcoholic who has finally admitted she has a problem :-D

The letter to VLM goes tomorrow.

I've already been swimming more than usual and my bike is begging me to ride it.

It will all be good.

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Really sorry to hear about your injuries :(

    Right decision to give the running a proper break though, there will be plenty of other marathons when you've recovered.

    Enjoy the swimming and biking! :)

    ReplyDelete