Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 March 2013

If I have to explain it to you.....

Then you will never understand.

I have always been someone who does a lot of running on their own. That's fine. Lately I've been following a plan. It's hard. It's really hard and I don't even listen to music anymore while I'm doing it cos I need to focus.

So if I get the opportunity to run with people who I really enjoy running with and who get me, then I'm going to do it. Even if it means making some effort to do so. It really is that simple. One day I won't be able to run, one day I will probably have pissed people off so much I no longer have friends :-D so while I have the time and the money I'm going to spend it doing things that make me happy.

With that in mind I travelled to Birmingham this weekend. Last night I had a really nice meal at the noodle place I can't spell with Sharon and Lesley and Lesley's daughter. I had a great time, I hope they did. Then a nice cup of tea at Sharon's house and a natter to her and her husband which was very pleasant. A very much appreciated lift back to the hotel saw me back at the hotel I am unlikely to use again. I am no longer 20, hooligans running up and down the corridor after midnight and piles of vomit on my way down to breakfast at 6 am are not what I want. It isn't even that cheap. Still it did.

Got picked up at 6.40 to go to the lickey hills again, running today with Mark, Matt and Sue, and of course Gus, Oscar, Molly and Max. As usual it was fucking freezing and trying to snow, but with the added extra delight today of the ground being saturated so cold wet muddy feet from the off.

But I loved it, after around 2 hours Matt and Sue went but me and Mark carried on. Mark needed to get a good run in with lots of time on feet and I was more than happy to accompany him. It's brilliant running in places you don't know, especially when you have a tour guide :) and a tour guide who can magic up coffee too!

So that was today. Yesterday was parkrun. 22.18, ok not amazing but apparently I helped Andy from Barking get a PB. Got to be happy with that. Especially with DOMS from bootcamp the day before.

Last Sunday was a PB too. 20 miles 2hrs 42.02. Essex 20, a 3 lapper that really wasn't that easy but gave me loads of confidence as I think it was avg 8.06. Encouraging stuff though the stitch at mile 16 wasn't nice and the hands that started to feel like someone else's were a bit weird.

Other than that work is now getting really hectic. I knew it would and that's good. I could actually do with going in on a Saturday or a Sunday but training is getting more too so I will perhaps have to just work in running to or from work so I can work later or earlier. Yeah, I don't know either. I will get there though.

While I was away and for reasons I don't know my husband has tried to solder his finger to something. I'm going to stay here next weekend and make sure he's a good boy :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment