Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 March 2013

Please don't....

Pretend,

That we'll,

Stay friends,

You know as well as I do that that, well that just never happens.

That's me and my right knee. We are not going out anymore I've chucked her. No I don't want to talk about it.

This week? Busy I guess. I'm getting to the bottom of my job and how much responsibility I should be taking on. I am facilitating lots. If that doesn't make me sound too much of a tit.

I ran some, and discovered a new way to mile end by accident. I would rather not have as worrying about navigation takes away from the quality of the run, but run commuting is convenient when you need to fit stuff in. Though that is somewhat tempered by the fact that I now cannot find anything because it is at work or in a bag hiding from when it was a work. At present there are 4 coats, 2 pairs trainers, a hoody and two towels lurking under one of my desks (yep) and those are only the THINGS I KNOW ABOUT? It could be much worse than that :-D

I did parkrun in 22.06. I'm happy that it doesn't take too much effort to get low 22s and looking forward to a time when I can put a bit of focus in that direction. The woman that took the course record a few weeks ago was there, not running, supporting her partner. We chatted and she is just really nice. Don't you just hate that? :-D

*thought that has just occurred to me* me knee likes running fast . I'm always worried when I start it will give out but what it does it stop hurting. Now how that fuck does that work eh?

*shrugs* anyway, I did a new circuits class, it was fun, but is it only me whose trainers slide all over the shop when I'm planking (for example) ending up with me in a heap? What trainers will stick to the school hall floor? Or maybe I will just ask them to carpet it. Though mountain sliders on a carpeted floor really burn your feet. So I'm told. Obv I wouldn't be stupid enough to do that ;-)

Did a bootcamp too, oh I like them a lot *punching smiley* specially when we have to go off and do 6 laps and I win!!!!! How sad am I ?

Oh and I swam, mainly so I could cancel my membership of beacontree leisure centre as I'm not using it. I've joined virgin active today as in theory I can combine all the things I like to do in one place AND its on the way to work. And the opportunity to use other clubs.

Yesterday I took a big step for me and did a hot bikram yoga class. A big step because I was so scared of looking a complete tool. Never done yoga before apart from some stretching stuff Russ showed me.

I have never exercised in a sauna before either! How flipping hot is it! When I walked into the studio I almost walked straight back out. But I've paid so decided I had to tough it out.

Here are some things I learned:-

People of all shapes and sizes do yoga.

In hot bikram yoga any body issues you may have dissapear as you throw as many clothes off as you can.

You are so busy concentrating on getting the poses correct you really aren't looking at what anyone else is doing.

You need a bigger towel.

It really is ok to sit out a pose but you should at least try it.

If you don't drink enough during you will be peeing tea for the rest of the day.

Touching my own feet is like fingernails down a blackboard to me.

So is that thing where you clasp your hands together and point your index fingers up together.....fingerprints touching...aaarrgghhhhhhh!

When the teacher says, 'look backwards and you will see your foot' she's not talking to me.

When it is a kneeling back on your heels pose I should not do it :-/

I am glad I went :)

Right I think that's me rounded up, I need to go do dinner.

This picture I like. I look like I'm running.

No comments:

Post a Comment